We love it when quality technology conferences come back to our backyard! Content Panda is excited to attend SPTechCon: The SharePoint Technology Conference, taking place in the San Francisco Bay Area from December 5-8.
I’ve gone to SPTechCon events for many years – as an attendee, speaker and as an event sponsor – and believe me when I tell you it does not disappoint. SPTechCon is renowned for offering many classes and panel sessions led by the most knowledgeable instructors in the SharePoint industry today to help attendees improve their skills and broaden their knowledge of Microsoft’s collaboration and productivity software.
With the release of SharePoint 2016 and at least 60 percent of companies seriously considering incorporating Microsoft cloud software into its IT environment in the next year, this is the time to learn how you can drive greater end user adoption of your SharePoint or Office 365 investment.
Don’t miss my two-part session on Tuesday, December 6, When SharePoint Needs a Spark – Building a Comprehensive SharePoint End User Adoption Campaign.
End user adoption is neither something to take lightly nor for granted. Whenever you introduce new technologies, one of the highest hurdles to clear is adoption – especially when it comes to enterprise software. Nearly half of all SharePoint deployments fail, and the top reasons have to do with training and senior management support – two important pieces of the user adoption puzzle.
There are four pillars necessary to fortify a successful end user adoption campaign: envisioning, onboarding, driving value, and management. I will go into these pillars in greater detail over my two-part session:
- Part One (11:45am Pacific Time on Tuesday, December 6) will delve into the first two pillars of building an end user adoption campaign: envisioning and onboarding. I’ll show you how to define your vision, identify your executive sponsor, define use cases, gather champions, and build a communications plan.
- Part Two (2:15pm Pacific Time on Tuesday, December 6) will focus on the final two pillars of end user adoption: driving value and management. I’ll share best practices and proven tips for end user training, support planning, identifying SharePoint experts, gamification, and measurement.
During the lunch break between my two sessions – from 1:00pm to 2:15pm – I will also co-host the Women in Technology panel on The Art of Self Promotion: Tips and Tricks for Making You Shine. I will join Cathy Dew and other SPTechCon speakers to cover:
- Using social media to define your personal brand
- Updating your resume and career search
- How to ask for what you need and want when searching for jobs
We’ll also be on-site at SPTechCon with Powell Software at Booth #301 showing attendees our latest iteration of Content Panda for SharePoint, which accelerates user adoption, simplifies training and support, and promotes governance for companies deploying SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016, and Microsoft Office 365 – SharePoint Online.
Won’t be able to attend SPTechCon? We’ve gathered all of our customer use cases and best practices into our latest white paper on SharePoint end user adoption, which goes into each of these pillars and provides you with a handy step-by-step guide to successfully deploy the platform for your enterprise.
The New Year is right around the corner: Now is the time to make sure you can start the year successfully onboarding users to SharePoint. Book a demo with us today.
Once a month we share expert opinions on end user adoption, Office 365 and SharePoint that we like from our community. Receive our next issue by signing up here.